- Last Updated: Thursday, 30 January 2014 19:18
- Written by Graham Brooks
With over 25 years of private research in a wide number of the record offices and libraries across Northern England and Southern Scotland resulting in a number of publications. (click here for Publications page) I feel I know my way around the records dealing with families, businesses and buildings. I am also an experienced public speaker, and have a range of prepared talks suitable for various groups.
With a successful career in a scientific discipline and having also completed a certificate in local History at Lancaster University, I have a wide range of research and analytical skills.
My research interests over the last 25 years have been fairly wide ranging including :
- Brick making and their use in various buildings.
- Coal mining in north Cumbria.
- Lime kilns and lime burning and the use of lime both in agriculture and other uses.
- The mining and use of gypsum in the Eden valley.
- Transport especially of coal and lime both on roads and also in early railways.
With a deep interest in buildings in general, their architecture and building history, I have an ever expanding data base of information on buildings, businesses and people in the region.